Saturday, March 7, 2009

A little bit of romance.

I want to share more poetry with my family and friends, so here is my newest piece. My poems are inspired by events or times that have made an impression in my life, whether for the good or ill. I have tried to choose pieces I think others would enjoy. I hope you will enjoy this one also, because as for all of my work, they come from deep within me.


To Walter, You are My Sun

Golden eyelashes,
Golden haze,
Golden memory,
Of yesterday.
Was it but a few hours ago?
I lay in your arms?
Swallowed in the blue ocean of your eyes?
Your arms promised to keep me from drowning.
I begged them to let me drown.
I would do anything for the warmth of the sun,
Like a smile from heaven kissing my soul.

March 7, 2009
Love,
MGR

No comments:

Post a Comment